Google Chrome provides authorization and synchronization with your Google account for easy interaction with the user’s personal data, saving preferences, passwords, search history, etc. This way, users can quickly access their saved tabs, bookmarks, etc., even if the browser is running on someone else’s computer. After the work is done, you need to log out of your account. In this article, we’ll break down how to sign out of your Google Account in Chrome.
About Google Chrome account
Chrome data that appears when you use the browser is stored in your Google Account. You can access it on any device synced with your account. Also, when logging in to sites like YouTube or Gmail, the login will be automatic.
The data that is stored on the account is as follows:
- Search history and sites viewed,
- Saved passwords,
- Viewed videos,
- Visited pages,
- Location history.
The user can decide which data to allow Google Account to save.
How to sign out of your account
Signing out of your Google account is very easy, you can do it on one device or everywhere at once.
On one device
There are several ways to turn off sync in the desktop version of Chrome.
- Launch Chrome.
- Open the home page.
- Click on your Google account icon.
Press “Sign out.”
- Launch Chrome.
- Click on your Chrome userpic.
- Click on “Sync is on.”
- Press “Turn off” in the next window.
- Paste and go “chrome://settings/syncSetup” or “chrome://settings/people” (without quotes).
- Press “Turn off.”
On all devices
First, you need to get to myaccount.google.com
Here’s how you can do it:
- Launch Chrome on your computer.
- Click on your in the top right corner.
- Select “Manage your Google account.”
Next you need to find your devices:
- Select “Security” in the left sidebar.
- Scroll a little bit down.
- Click “Manage all devices.”
Now select a specific device and click “Sign out.”
Repeat with other devices.
Sign out and delete all data
Signing out of your account does not delete any saved data in your Google Account by default. If you not only want to sign out of your Google Chrome account on your computer, but also want to delete your account information in the browser, do the following:
- go to the myaccount.google.com page (as described in the “On all devices” paragraph),
- select “Data & privacy” on the left,
- scroll all the way down,
- click “Delete your Google Account.”
Then verify it’s you and confirm your intentions.